1910 A.L.F.A. 24HP Torpedo Castagna - the first Alfa Romeo
This scale model has been produced in 2011 by Racing43
Quote from the official Alfa Romeo website :
The genesis of the ALFA legend
The legend started in 1910, when Cavalier Ugo Stella acquired the shares of Società Italiana Automobili Darraq, the Italian plant of a French car maker. The first plant was at number 95 Strada del Portello in the north-west outskirts of Milan and the company was called “Anonima Lombarda Fabbrica Automobili” (Lombard Automobile Factory, Public Company), hence the acronym A.L.F.A. The first car - the 24 HP - was made the same year. Designed by Giuseppe Merosi with 4 cylinders of 4 litres, it reached a top speed of 100 Km/h. The first Alfa Romeo badge consisted of two symbols of the city of Milan - the serpent of the Visconti family coat of arms on a blue background and the red cross of the city banner on a white background - all enclosed in a metallic ring with the words “ALFA” and “MILANO” separated by two Savoy knots.
ALFA 24 HP
The first. Three hundred 24 HP cars were produced. Designed by Giuseppe Merosi, the car had up-to-date specifications for the period, including a monobloc engine and a single shaft transmission. It stood out for its excellent pick-up and carefully-built mechanical parts. For racing, Merosi developed the 15 HP Corsa in 1911 with a power output of 45 HP. Improvements were made to this model in 1914 (the 15-20 HPs), the less complex but equally lively 12 HP was created in the wake of the 24 HP.
Source & copyright : www.alfaromeo.com/com/#/history/timeline